Monday, November 30, 2009

Library 2.0

Wow--the library is really undergoing an enormous change! Library 2.0 to me means the change of how material and resources are delivered to users. We are doing much of the same, yet there has been immeasurable change in the way we find and obtain information. The physical library has been modified to include the webspace that many of its users habitate daily. But I also think that libraries still have a foot in the past to accomodate the users who still want the physical library for information access. But that too may fade away. What will the library look like when all of the digital natives are in the elderly population? Will our libraries be paperless and bookless??

1 comment:

  1. I have been told that Lee's Summit High School near Kansas City has all ready gone all digital in their library. I would like to go and see it. I think this change is on its way!

    ReplyDelete